*Incumbent will support operational data analytics for LCRA's Wholesale Market and Supply business. Will support the complex analysis of Wholesale Market systems data, including real-time operational data and middle and back office systems data. Owns and maintains data integrity and supports various teams in day-to-day and long-term operational decisions and needs.
Preferred candidate will have knowledge of:
Strong analytic problem solving
- Modeling, creating reports, and dashboards for end users operational analytics needs including regulatory compliance validation
- Statistical analysis and modeling as well as theories of data analysis
- SQL queries, MSSQL, big data technologies such as Mango, Cassandra or Hadoop
- Mathematical and statistical skills for data analytics and modeling
- BI analytics tools (e.g., QLIK, Tableau, SAS, Oracle BI, and Power BI)
- Database design and administration
- Machine learning
- Data visualization
- Predictive modeling
- Windows server operating system, active directory and security
- Problem solving
Power systems and market analytics
Electric power wholesale market operations in the ERCOT region
Real-time systems such as SCADA and generation control systems
At a senior to expert level, will have knowledge of modeling, forecasting, analysis, and reporting in support of the wholesale electric market business operations. Will have knowledge of financial, economic and statistical analysis related to pricing, settlement, structuring, and/or risk. This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets business issues and recommends best practices. Supporting the development of solutions for complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Progression to this level is limited based on business requirements.
- Provides data analytical support for the direct planning and analytical support for the development of electric power supply strategies, evaluation and analysis of generation assets and power purchase and sale contracts.
- Data analytical support of quantitative analysis and modeling of economic and financial impacts of fuel and purchased power activities.
- Data analytical support of advanced financial, economic and statistical analysis relating to wholesale market activities.
- Data analytical support of power sales and purchase contracts and their potential benefits and risks to LCRA's wholesale portfolio.
- Provides data analytics for the management of complex economic evaluation and cash flow simulation models for fuel supplies, power generation, purchased power and load costs.
- Analyzes data from natural gas, coal and electrical power generation markets and formulates statistics to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Provide data analytics to support assessment of transactions for value, commodity and non-commodity risks, capital requirements, cash flows, physical optionality, and strategic benefits.
- Provide data support for the management of complex contractual requirements for pricing, cost allocation, rates and reconciliation.
- Provide data support for complex analysis to enable contract strategies that help retain customers and positions LCRA to compete in de-regulated markets.
- Provide data analytics that will advise management on short-term issues affecting LCRA's long-term electric generation resource outlook, rates and strategy.
- Develops and deploys databases for research and information.
- Ensures quality assurance and quality control of data and documentation.
- Identifies and corrects errors in complex mathematical calculations performed by various software tools used.
- Understands and implements complex ERCOT protocols related to ERCOT settlement, scheduling and dispute resolution.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.