*This position will be open until filled.
Manages and directs overall activities of staff responsible for enterprise technology solutions. Develops effective business relationships throughout the organization and partners with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, manage and support cost-effective software applications for maximum productivity. Analyzes business needs to create and document technology solutions. Collaborate with CIO and other department leaders to ensure efficiency in processes.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision.
- For department and staff reporting to this position, develops strategic and operating plans, goals, objectives, priorities and procedures that are in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the LCRA.
- Develops and manages the department budget. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget.
- Ensures appropriate processes, procedures and records are defined and maintained within the department.
- Participates in long-range technology strategic planning to meet business objectives. Ensures that plans and projects for enterprise applications appropriately support overall business goals and needs.
- Directs teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices. Ensures teams meet scheduled milestones so that project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Acts as a liaison and provides leadership to cross-functional technology teams.
- Acts as a liaison to business asset owners to share information, meet emerging business needs and plan appropriate budgets.
- Directs the creation of and monitoring of metrics which are designed to ensure compliance with contract provisions, and/or LCRA identified business metrics to drive decision making.
- Fosters a work environment that values quality work and timely delivery of work product.
- Establishes priorities and critical tasks to enable the effective management of complex agendas and balance across multiple objectives. Builds sense of urgency and need for results in others and provides oversight in accomplishing tasks requiring multiple technical fields, organizational structures and business systems.
- Develops technology roadmaps for key technology assets in terms of system upgrades, migrations and retirement. Provides strategic direction to staff to facilitate the organization’s ability to adjust rapidly to change.
- Plans and manages department level O&M and capital budgets. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget. Participates in division financial planning and monitoring.
- Participates in cross-training activities, cross-departmental sharing of knowledge and, when appropriate, cross-departmental developmental assignments. Shares knowledge and expertise with others, developing a pipeline of possible successors. Learns from others in different roles and different departments to expand knowledge.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.