*This position will be open until filled.
Manages and directs activities of staff responsible for the administration and support of multiple technology infrastructure systems, including enterprise voice and data networks, data center technology systems and server platforms. Leads development and implementation of cloud strategy and associated cloud solutions. Accountable for development and continued maintenance of systems to improve efficiencies. Accountable for NERC CIP regulatory reporting and maintaining documentation.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision.
- For department and staff reporting to this position, develops strategic and operating plans, goals, objectives, priorities and procedures that are in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the LCRA.
- Develops and manages the department budget. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget.
- Ensures appropriate processes, procedures and records are defined and maintained within the department.
- Provides leadership related to cloud strategies and implementation of cloud solutions. Partners effectively with stakeholders to evaluate risks and opportunities in this area. Elevates the current LCRA state in this matter to a more forward-looking perspective.
- Ensures servers, voice and data network and data center technology systems meet all established performance metrics and Service Level Agreements. Creates and maintains appropriate operational process and procedures for system administration, backups, monitoring, patching, emergency response and support.
- Ensure effective coordination of activities related to the implementation of new hardware and software.
- Provides technical consultation and support to users and other technology staff.
- Leads staff in coordinating with other departments related to wide area transport services to support enterprise network strategies, planning and implementation of appropriate security policies and data center space, power and environmental activities.
- Manages the processes for provisioning of administrator accounts and permissions.
- Leads ongoing architecture and design planning for network and data center IT systems. Ensures system architecture conforms to IT Enterprise Architecture processes and standards. Ensures adherence to best-practice, performance and cost efficiency targets.
- Adheres to appropriate processes to manage system operational problems, incidents and outages. Leads problem isolation and troubleshooting process for technology systems. Provides clear and timely status communication to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensures approved change management procedures are followed. Validates compliance through regular monitoring of system event reports.
- Provides regular status communication on team deliverables to appropriate stakeholders as well as reports on operational statistics.
- Implements systems, policies and procedures to manage all public and private IP addresses for the organization. Leads staff that manages all public domain names for the organization.
- Maintains professional knowledge and development through appropriate internal and external learning opportunities. Maintains high level of technical expertise in assigned systems. Maintains knowledge of relevant current and emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Leads staff in the design, installation and support of QoS IP networks to support voice and video over IP.
- Participates in cross-training activities, cross-departmental sharing of knowledge and, when appropriate, cross-departmental developmental assignments. Shares knowledge and expertise with others, developing a pipeline of possible successors. Learns from others in different roles and different departments to expand knowledge.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.