*Please apply by October 25, 2017.
Supports general business operations by performing a variety of administrative support activities. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
This position provides department-specific support within assigned area, which may include any of the following:
- Serves as a resource to department and other internal staff on various aspects of department operations.
- Assists department in activities such as preparing reports, budgets, and correspondence.
- Coordinates with other departments and serves as a primary point of contact for inter-departmental activities.
- Provides information and basic training to department staff related to systems, processes and projects.
- Monitors and maintains department records such as budgets, work plans, schedules, and projects.
- Prepares, types, and processes forms such as those needed for office supplies, expense reports, time sheets, Procards, and other department-related forms.
- Processes accounts payable/receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy and appropriate backup.
- Answers incoming calls to department staff and relays messages or transfers calls as appropriate.
- Receives and refers visitors.
- Responds to requests for information concerning department operations and/or refers requests to appropriate staff members.
- Maintains information and stores and uses data through various software programs, spreadsheets and databases.
- Coordinates and schedules external and internal meetings, training activities, seminars, etc.
- May make travel arrangements for department staff, including transportation and hotel arrangements, as directed.
- May act as a primary or back-up timekeeper.
- May manage a department or corporate program.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.