Responsible for real-time operation of Generation Management System.
Preferred candidates will have the following experience:
- GMS applications
- Patching, updating and change management
- NERC CIP security operations
- Plant control systems
- QSE systems
- SCADA Communication Protocols
- LAN, WAN supporting SCADA infrastructure
- Network and security operations of GMS
- Data analytics
Manages and directs overall activities of staff responsible for electric market software systems life cycle management including third party software selection and implementation, internally developed software solutions and support. Serves as the primary point of contact from project/program inception to delivery. Defines and develops processes and infrastructure to support system development. Manages a methodology driven quality plan, monitors and controls the quality of the deliverable and manages the project completion process through customer acceptance and ongoing support. Works with technology asset owners and business process owners and forms alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements/conflicts and vendor contract clarification.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- For all departments and staff directly reporting to this position, develops strategic and operating plans, goals, objectives, priorities and procedures that are in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the LCRA.
- Leads strategic risk management efforts and ensures integration into business decisions; serves as Enterprise Risk Manager.
- Ensures that systems, processes and procedures are compliant with ERCOT, NERC, FERC and other regulating bodies. Ensures department activities are conducted in accordance with approved corporate information technology standards, processes and procedures. Ensures department activities are communicated to and coordinated with corporate information technology as appropriate.
- Develops technology roadmaps for key technology assets in terms of system upgrades, migrations and retirement. Leads in the decision process to purchase third party solutions or develop internal applications to meet business needs.
- Directs software development and support technical teams and acts as liaison to technology asset owners. Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices. Ensures teams meet scheduled milestones so that project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Develops and monitors processes for effective solution development, delivery and support. Coordinates quality improvement activities for the solution implementation organization.
- Acts as a liaison and provides leadership to cross-functional IT teams.
- Plans and manages department level O&M and capital budgets. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget. Participates in financial planning and monitoring.
- Provides support for the Generation Management System (GMS), from end to end, and systems maintenance and administration.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.