At an expert level, and as the key analyst for the structuring team, provides analysis and valuation of new load and generation opportunities.
- Assesses the value of potential transactions and portfolio options with regard to underlying commodities, markets, flexibility, regional, operational, regulatory, portfolio and strategic aspects.
- Provides risk-adjusted cost-to-supply pricing for new customers, including profile behavior, swing risk, ancillary services, basis spreads and losses.
- Develops commercial and operational terms of power sales and purchase contracts and analyzes their potential benefits and risks to LCRA’s wholesale power portfolio.
- Develops innovative approaches for complex structured transactions.
- Develops and maintains complex economic evaluation and cash flow simulation models; performs discounted cash flow, net present value and similar financial analysis on proposed power purchase and sales proposals.
- Generates full pro-forma financial statements on transactions and potential portfolio activities.
- Performs historical analysis, stress testing, and simulation analysis on potential transactions and projects to ensure that the risk drivers and the risks are analyzed appropriately; provides guidance on risks, rewards, and strategies.
- Functions as the key resource to provide option models for the structuring team.
- Communicates analysis, rewards and risks related to potential transactions with management, developers, and various finance and accounting personnel
- Assists business development in presenting and negotiating the structured-related details with potential counterparties.
This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. May lead functional teams or projects.
Bachelor’s or higher degree in business, economics, engineering, mathematics or relevant field
- Experience in C++, C#, Java, VBA, R, Python, SQL, Excel and other analytical tools
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong internal and external relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At an advanced level, performs modeling, forecasting, analysis, and reporting in support of the wholesale electric market business operations. Performs financial, economic and statistical analysis related to pricing, settlement, structuring, and/or risk. This position uses specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise to recommend best practices and propose innovative solutions to solve complex problems. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Recognized as expert in own area within the organization.
- Provides direct planning and analytical support for the development of electric power supply strategies, evaluation and analysis of generation assets and power purchase and sale contracts.
- Performs quantitative analysis and modeling of economic and financial impacts of fuel and purchased power activities.
- Performs advanced financial, economic and statistical analysis relating to wholesale market activities.
- Analyzes power sales and purchase contracts and their potential benefits and risks to LCRA's wholesale portfolio.
- Develops and maintains complex economic evaluation and cash flow simulation models for fuel supplies, power generation, purchased power and load costs.
- Analyzes data from natural gas, coal and electrical power generation markets and formulates statistics to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Assesses transactions for value, commodity and non-commodity risks, capital requirements, cash flows, physical optionality, and strategic benefits.
- Manages complex contractual requirements for pricing, cost allocation, rates and reconciliation.
- Provides complex analysis to enable contract strategies that help retain customers and positions LCRA to compete in de-regulated markets.
- Advises management on short-term issues affecting LCRA's long-term electric generation resource outlook, rates and strategy.
- Develops and deploys databases for research and information.
- Ensures quality assurance and quality control of data and documentation.
- Identifies and corrects errors in complex mathematical calculations performed by various software tools used.
- Understands and implements complex ERCOT protocols related to ERCOT settlement, scheduling and dispute resolution.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.