Supervises, coordinates and directs IT quality assurance/quality control (IT QA/QC) activities, including the definition, implementation and integration of quality principles and quality processes into the design and development of software and IT processes.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Develops and manages department budget. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget.
- Ensures appropriate processes, procedures and records are developed and maintained within the department.
- Develops processes that ensure the integrity of IT systems. Develops and maintains infrastructure for test management.
- Manages the test lab and the testing stage of the software life-cycle process. Researches, develops and implements testing methods and procedures. Ensures that products meet the highest quality standards. Monitors and reports on defects.
- Ensures that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards, policies, procedures and processes prior to implementation on LCRA's Corporate Network.
- Ensures that quality methods and procedures are executed. Ensures that products, applications, and systems are in compliance with established quality standards, and meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes best-in-class processes and establishes customer satisfaction metrics.
- Champions the application of quality principles in business and IT processes through training, meeting and team facilitation, communication programs and team building activities.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.