Supervises, coordinates and directs overall activities of one or more of the following areas: operations, maintenance, engineering, daily and major outage planning, materials, business and/or environmental functions at a coal-fired power plant. Establishes departmental goals and objectives. Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of all programs, practices and procedures within assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assign work, evaluate and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Develops and manages department budget. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget. Reviews and approves department requisitions.
- Develops and implements goals, objectives, priorities, plans and procedures to optimize plant efficiency and effectiveness. Makes recommendations and proposals to management as required.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements that affect the facility. Advises Plant Manager of pending revisions and / or changes in standards and anticipates impact on internal procedures.
- Monitors and maintains the plant’s safety and environmental policies, programs and procedures. Ensures safety and environmental policies, programs and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Ensures appropriate processes, procedures and records are developed and maintained within the department. Assists in developing and maintaining policies and procedures for the facility.
- Provides oversight, quality assurance and technical expertise to outage planning and scheduling activities. Coordinates weekly scheduling and outage planning within the department. Monitors work and project completion.
- Ensures department coordination with plant management and other key stakeholders. Resolves conflicts related to planning and scheduling activities.
- Develops and co-manages scopes of work, budgets and schedules for forced, maintenance and planned outages
- Provides support for installation/testing, etc. of fixes, patches, enhancements, upgrades and integration to Maximo and Primavera.
- Administers LCRA policies, Board policies and facility policies fairly and consistently.
- Coordinates activities pertaining to equipment maintenance and unit operation with other departments. Establishes realistic outage schedules to reduce cost while increasing plant availability.
- Remains current on industry and engineering developments which could improve plant productivity and efficiency.
- Serves on various internal committees and represents LCRA on various external committees and task forces, including NERC and ERCOT. Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- May serve in the capacity of Plant Manager in the absence of the incumbent.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.