At an entry level, performs manual and clerical duties involved in the daily operation of LCRA warehouses, storage areas, and laydown yards. Performs inventory and materials management tasks, including material handling, shipping/receiving, stock maintenance, disposal and coordination of material movements between warehouses, facilities and project sites. Operates material handling equipment. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Issues, receives, stores and/or transfers materials for jobs; enters data into automated systems and/or manual record keeping systems. Ensures material issues are correct.
- Monitors inventory levels to ensure that sufficient quantities of materials are available. Performs automated and manual cycle counts. Visually inspects materials for defects. Arranges materials to meet crew needs.
- Loads and unloads freight from trucks and other transportation devices.
- Unpacks, counts, separates, stocks, and places materials in proper storage locations and routes/delivers materials to prescribed storage locations. Transports goods by pallet jacks, hand trucks, carts or other material handling devices. Moves materials from storage locations and prepares for shipment.
- Attends and successfully completes LCRA/department-specific forklift training and obtains certification within LCRA program. Moves materials using forklifts upon obtaining certification.
- Disposes of stock and materials according to procedures. Completes required forms and maintains appropriate records to ensure proper disposal of obsolete, surplus and/or used materials.
- Assists with resolution of discrepancies between orders and delivered goods.
- Verifies/validates materials received against receiving documents. Inspects, notes/documents and reports discrepancies and obvious damage.
- Makes necessary deliveries and pick-ups, both on and off site.
- May complete repair forms and return materials (RMAs) to vendors for repair or replacement; handles shipping and receiving through the freight company or other carriers (e.g. UPS).
- May maintain gate operation and upkeep of stores warehouse including equipment, vehicles and general housekeeping.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.