Supervises, coordinates and directs activities of engineering and technical staff responsible for system engineering, documentation and software support of the Energy Management System (EMS),LCRALive, LCRA Plant SCADA and other Transmission System Operations computer and information systems.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information
- For all departments and staff directly reporting to this position, develops strategic and operating plans, goals, objectives, priorities and procedures that are in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the LCRA.
- Develops and manages department budget. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget.
- Provides direction and develops strategic plans and processes to guide department activities. Provides coordination, monitors progress, interprets results to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Provides input to decisions regarding new system engineering projects.
- Provides expert consulting and training support to System Operations Control Center (SOCC) software function in analyzing and resolving EMS software and applications problems. Designs, documents and configures software and systems in support of EMS and SOCC operations, goals and objectives.
- Monitors the operations of the EMS software and analyses and resolves problems.
- Develops and supervises the development, testing and implementation of custom EMS software to resolve issues and provide new EMS functionality. Solves complex technical issues with SOCC EMS, LCRA Live, LCRA Plant SCADA and related software applications.
- Develops, plans and supervises the activities responsible for the LCRALive, SCADA and various engineering and network management systems.
- Supervises the operations and maintenance of the LCRALive system and other telecom engineering and network management systems. Coordinates and plans for system growth and business changes with business unit and functional managers. Coordinates pertinent changes with the data security office.
- Creates and monitor system performance metrics. Analyzes and compares the performance data to metrics established in service level agreements. Coordinates license management for systems, hardware, software and any other ancillary components.
- Develops test procedures for equipment within assigned areas. Coordinates installation and maintenance of field equipment with others. Leads staff in performing final test, verifying proper operation and releasing equipment for service.
- Implements and manages all activities to ensure compliance with all applicable ERCOT and NERC requirements.
- Serves on various internal committees and represents LCRA on various external committees and task forces, including NERC.
- Develops and delivers various reports and presentations to management, staff and other stakeholders.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.