At an entry level, participates in all assigned training to qualify the incumbent for advancement to the position of Security Officer. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Completes field training program. During field training, assists Security Officer personnel to include patrolling assigned area and/or standing post to detect and prevent crime. Assists individuals with special needs and escorts employees as requested.
- Upon completion of Security Academy and field training program, performs limited security duties while completing additional training and obtaining additional certifications required for the position of Security Officer. Limited duties may include:
- Patrolling assigned area and/or standing post
- Responding to alarm calls and maintaining logs of alarms
- Reporting security violations and equipment failures and other security related situations to supervisor
- Operating electronic security equipment (i.e., CCTV, video recorders, card access and alarm equipment)
- Preparing daily and weekly log of activities
- Assisting emergency medical personnel with various duties as needed (not to include administering first aid, emergency care or CPR without certification)
- Assisting in conducting investigations
- Performs these duties under a closer level of supervision that would be required for a fully trained and certified Security Officer.
- Reads, comprehends and acknowledges understanding of departmental security policies and post orders for all LCRA security posts.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.