Manages and directs the activities of the project controls team within the Project Management Office (PMO). Works closely with Transmission PMO, Operations PMO, and Digital Services PMO to evaluate and report on program and portfolio level performance of the capital plan. Provides project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, change control, and risk management.
- Manages the project control resources and personnel required to deliver multiple business units’ portfolios of projects; ensures project controls processes are consistently applied across projects.
- Develops and implements consistent project controls policies, procedures and standards required to deliver projects.
- Provides project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
- Collects and analyzes KPIs and metrics and integrates the analysis into meaningful reporting that improve the overall operations of the PMO.
- Supports program integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
- Develops and maintains project schedule templates.
- Develops and maintains project financial analysis tools.
- Supports the annual portfolio planning and roadmap creation processes for multiple business units.
- Supports the development of integrated master schedules for specific programs in scheduling tools (currently Microsoft Project) that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feeds changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Manages the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.
- Ensures recommended projects have funding, staff, and other resources allocated, as needed.
- Provides guidance and consultation to project managers.
- Manages closure phase, gather best practices and lessons learned.
- Manages annual and ongoing budgeting activities related to the portfolio.
Project and Portfolio Reporting
- Ensures key stakeholder management and communication is in place.
- Enables a consistent reporting structure across PMO and multiple business units.
- Sets and manages expectations with business units around portfolio roadmaps, projects, and any shifts in upcoming project timing.
- Facilitates the risk assessment process, including: communicating risk assessment timelines, tracking and escalating completion status, providing status reporting, providing guidance on how assessments should be completed.
- Provides risk assessment metrics and reporting to management. Reporting will include: completion status of the assessments, trending and analysis of the output from the risk assessments, changes to the risk assessment profile at an entity or group level.
- Identifies and escalates gaps in aligned projects and programs; ensures compliance with the PM standard procedures and with all application tools used for program and project management.
- Implements and operates a project information system.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.