Provides administrative support to a senior manager including duties involving significant editorial responsibility for documents that will be provided to the General Manager’s office, Board of Directors and to public organizations such as the press, public officials and financial institutions. Performs work of a highly responsible, sensitive and confidential nature using a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Work involves frequent interaction with senior level internal and external contacts and regular exposure to confidential data. Performs duties using broad knowledge of work performed throughout organization. Use of this position for posting or promotion requires approval by a member of the Executive Team.
- Performs duties involving significant editorial responsibility for documents that will be provided to the General Manager’s office, Board of Directors and to public organizations such as the press, public officials and financial institutions.
- Prepares, formats and proofs correspondence for senior manager requiring knowledge of senior manager's views, philosophy and some understanding of technical matters. May sign for senior manager when technical or policy content has been authorized.
- Acts as the point of contact with regard to scheduling meetings between the General Manager and senior manager as required. Works closely with the General Manager's office as required, communicates effectively with Board members, other staff and the general public.
- Provides assistance regarding the interpretation and implementation of the organization's programs and policies. May interact with Board members, legislators and heads of agencies on a daily basis.
- Attends meetings; takes notes, transcribes, distributes and relays information. Follows up on actions that require it. Researches and develops management methods to improve workflow efficiency.
- May assist with supervision and coordination of workload of other administrative staff.
- May coordinate Board Agenda process for a business unit.
- May perform other administrative duties in support of the senior manager or department including: tracking work status, updating SharePoint sites and scheduling and coordinating large meetings.
- May assist departmental staff in work that is specific to that department (such as gathering information required for analyses and performing basic analysis of information according to detailed staff instructions).
- May assist in coordinating the GM correspondence process. Incumbents performing this duty receive all mail, deliveries and faxes and log items into database; assign responsibility for response as directed by GM's office; ensure appropriate approvals and deadlines are met; and close item in database upon mailing out response.
- May assist in maintaining Board web site. Incumbents performing this duty post items to the site; update and maintain documents located on site; and create site usage reports.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.