Performs project support services for one or more project managers and for the overall project services function. Learns and uses established procedures and practices to develop project support skills primarily in the areas of financial analysis and variance reporting, program utilization, closeout, account management, schedule development and management, customer contracts, documentation, financial reporting and analysis, budget and cost management, and system support. Performs a wide range of day-to-day project activities using established procedures and practices. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Provides support to project managers for project control functions such as developing project plans, monitoring and communicating project costs and accounting, preparing progress reports, coordinating contract documents and payments, and setting up and maintaining project documents. Works with the project manager to track progress and maintain and update project schedules.
- Provides support throughout the project lifecycle including initiation, planning, execution, control and closeout.
- Identifies, researches and documents variances or discrepancies and monitors and communicates project status and information to project managers and work package managers.
- Sets up and maintains files in accordance with recordkeeping and records retention and documentation guidelines.
- Coordinates the closing of project accounting structure and records retention once projects are complete.
- Develops knowledge of standard LCRA project management tools and software, including but not limited to the development and on-going maintenance of project schedules, cost loading, and resources loading.
- Supports the team to ensure adequate quality control measures are in place to support project goals.
- Works with the project stakeholders to capture and document the business requirements and desired end-state for the project.
- Communicates with project managers, stakeholders, and management and provides accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of LCRA project control policies, programs, and procedures.
- Actively supports departmental continuous improvement and may be called upon to provide input into the development of new project delivery practices that improve overall productivity of staff and project managers or that address management problems.
- Provides a high level of customer service and fosters team building. Builds strong relationships with peers, stakeholders and management.
- Represents Project Services positively and with professionalism.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.