At an entry level, performs water quality analysis, planning, monitoring and compliance activities. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Reviews plans, permits and/or management practices to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, standards, ordinances and policies.
- Gathers and analyzes data and reports related to permitting activities. Enters data into permit database. Those with on-site sewage facility (OSSF) responsibility issue permits.
- Inspects and documents site conditions, physical habitats and/or resource conditions to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, standards, ordinances and policies.
- Investigates complaints and documents findings for possible enforcement action.
- Provides consultation to other departments across LCRA related to routine water quality protection matters.
- Gathers data, collects samples, maintains documentation, documents findings and performs technical analysis.
- Prepares and delivers various reports to management and department staff.
- Assists customers with understanding of technical requirements, rules, regulations, standards, ordinances and policies related to water quality protection.
- Communicates with external organizations and attends public meetings, community outreach events and other various public functions as necessary to provide water quality protection information. Provides event support activities.
- Coordinates with regulatory agencies as necessary.
- Participates in developing water quality protection plans, processes and standards.
- Provides support for citizen volunteers related to areas such as database entry, equipment, supplies and testing procedures.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.