LCRA is seeking an experienced senior compensation analysts to conduct analysis on internal and external market pricing, participate in compensation surveys, planning administration and FLSA reviews. Based on the information collected and utilizing in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline they will recommend, develop, implement and maintain employee compensation structure, prepare compensation reports and improve services. The senior compensation analyst must have a strong attention to detail and good evaluation skills as they will conduct job evaluations and may create or assist in writing job descriptions therefore, writing skills are also valuable. The successful candidate is an analytical thinker and can communicate effectively with people of all job levels and personalities and partner with the rest of the human resources team as well as, internal and external stakeholders.
At a senior level, develops, implements and administers compensation programs. Partners with HR staff and business leaders to provide consultation and perform analysis related to compensation matters. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members.
- Consults with business leaders related to job design, job evaluation, job descriptions and compensation compliance issues, as well as and any other compensation related matters. Actively communicates with other HR staff regarding these endeavors to ensure appropriate inter-departmental coordination.
- Studies, evaluates and recommends appropriate job grades. Documents job grade determinations as appropriate.
- Designs base pay structure to guide management in providing competitive and equitable base pay levels for all positions, including members of executive team. Participates in compensation surveys. Analyzes market rates of jobs. Analyzes and recommends structure updates necessary to maintain structure competitiveness. Ensures pay levels are adjusted to structure minimums as appropriate. Performs cost analysis of changes/recommendations.
- Assesses base pay position for the company and functional areas compared to the market and determines competitive base pay targets. Analyzes total cash (base plus bonus) market rates and determines competitive short-term incentive targets. Presents information to executive team members for use in determining base pay increase and short-term incentive budgets.
- Assists in designing short-term incentive plan. Works as assigned with management to develop appropriate incentive measures. May write plan documents in partnership with legal staff.
- In alignment with business plan provisions, coordinates processes related to compensation elements, such as annual base pay increases. As necessary, develops and recommends base pay increase matrices to provide increases that reflect both performance and market competitive rates within approved budgets. Develops spreadsheets or administers software system to assist management in making base pay increase decisions within guidelines and budget.
- Maintains market pricing system to ensure accurate data integration with ERP system and survey sources. Performs comprehensive review and evaluation of market pricing determinations periodically to ensure relevance and alignment with current organizational structure and job designs.
- Develops compensation administration guidelines. Coordinates approval and communication of guidelines. Reviews historical pay actions and compares to guidelines to help ensure consistency.
- Designs and maintains job description template and ensures all jobs are documented in approved format. May write initial job description drafts. Reviews and edits job description drafts written by business leaders. Documents current job descriptions in system of record and archives past versions.
- Recommends classification of jobs as exempt or non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Coordinates legal review of FLSA classification as needed.
- Stays abreast of changes that affect LCRA as they relate to compensation.
- Identifies compensation related training needs within the HR department and across LCRA. Develops training materials. Conducts classroom, small group and one-on-one training as appropriate.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small team to various LCRA locations as needed.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.