At a senior level, operates and maintains buildings, facilities, and grounds across multiple campuses. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Provides professional customer service and communication to building tenants. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and direction to less-experienced team members. Performs complex troubleshooting and provides expertise to management and other staff. May coordiante the work of external contractors and repair technicians.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of current industry trends, best practices, current methods and technologies related to facility processes.
- Operates building control systems (such as HVAC, Lighting, Electrical, FAS, etc.) to support tenant needs and support conservation efforts. Performs analysis and assessment of systems.
- Performs moderately complex plumbing, carpentry, HVAC and electrical work.
- Maintains and repairs irrigation systems, grounds and water features.
- Performs complex maintenance and repairs on building and building equipment using various meters, handheld manual tools and power tools.
- Operates skid steer, forklift and mechanical lifts.
- Orders parts/materials as needed for repairs and shop inventory.
- May coordinate off-site maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Provides input for contract and budget reviews.
- Assists management with work force planning, scheduling and dispatch.
- Documents changes made to systems or equipment through appropriate communications and record keeping practices. Documents work into logs, files, system prints and other records and through communications, both oral and written, with other team members and supervisors.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various facilities as scheduled.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.