At an intermediate level, purchases supplies, materials, equipment, services and construction while driving value and mitigating risk for LCRA. Supports Category Managers and department leadership in the execution of strategic sourcing strategies and Supply Management objectives. Learns to develop and leverage supplier relationships that return quality and value for LCRA internal and external customers. This position utilizes knowledge and experience but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills. Receives a moderate level of guidance from the supervisor, manager and/or experienced colleagues.
- Performs routine and non-routine purchases to meet requestor’s material/service needs within delegation of authority. Implements existing purchase contracts to facilitate acquisition of products or services. Conducts and documents all transactions and activities in accordance with Supply Management policies and procedures.
- Fully implements the sourcing process. Evaluates sourcing requests to determine whether needs can be met utilizing current inventory or internal resources before initiating purchases. Analyzes risk, complexity and total cost of acquisition in determining the best sourcing approach for the requestor’s needs. Identifies and evaluates potential sources of suppliers.
- Conducts informal and formal solicitation processes as necessary. Prepares RFx packages. Reviews technical specifications for adequacy and assists in the preparation of commercial specifications for products/services to be solicited. Determines and develops selection criteria. Issues solicitations and posts online as required.
- Progressively builds skill to independently negotiate contracts. Applies technical expertise and analysis to draft contracts that minimize risk and ensure compliance with internal procurement policies.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to facilitate review of proposals. Selects appropriate suppliers and awards contracts/purchase orders within delegation.
- Monitors the status of purchase orders and expedites as needed to ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment; informs company requestors of the same. Develops and manages relationships with suppliers that drive performance and improvement. Facilitates effective communication and initiates conflict resolution when necessary to balance relationships and hold suppliers accountable while maintaining exemplary customer service and integrity.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders. Provides procurement expertise, analysis or training to internal and external stakeholders when needed.
- Performs market analysis. Evaluates suitability of new products and services and remains abreast of market developments. Assists Category Managers in benchmarking research and compiling supply market intelligence reports.
- Assists in researching invoice issues, processing returns and resolving discrepancies. Rejects invoices when required. Resolves problems with orders. Serves as a liaison between suppliers and stakeholders to mediate payment disputes and assure satisfactory performance of suppliers.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.