Preferred Candidates will have ETAP experience.
Preferred Candidates with be Electrical Engineers
Preferred Candidates will be familiar with NERC regulations
Develops, defines, and analyzes solutions to moderately complex engineering problems requiring complex engineering principles. Plans and conducts engineering projects involving independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Schedules, and/or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work as part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope. May act as project leader or team leader to coordinate the work of other fully competent engineers or other technical personnel on moderately complex engineering projects and or studies.
- Conducts and takes full responsibility for moderately complex engineering studies. Performs field analysis, performance tests, designs, cost estimates, lays out drafting work, and the correlation and compilation of data. May coordinate the work of engineers, technicians, craft workers or others.
- Identifies, investigates, and analyzes problems. Develops appropriate solutions. Drafts reports. Acts as project consultant and specialist.
- Conducts tests of instruments, materials, equipment, and controls to determine operating characteristics. Develops problem solutions or improvements. Verifies accuracy of data. Ensures beneficial data is acquired and recorded.
- Prepares and revises operating procedures and project outlines in connection with engineering assignments. Follows appropriate business procedures. Applies project management techniques.
- Plans and designs engineering projects with moderately complex features. Performs engineering and design work. Conducts field analysis, inspections, and performance tests. Records, compiles, and reports information. Develops testing plans. Interprets engineering specifications.
- Prepares technical specifications for project services, equipment and materials for which there are few precedents. Completes related computations and drafts schematics and diagrams.
- Coordinates project reviews and implementation plans between individuals and sections. Ensures timely communication occur. Develops and conducts presentations to management and others.
- Maintains knowledge of engineering principles. Keeps informed of technical developments, industry codes, and safety and/or regulatory requirements which have impact upon the respective engineering discipline. Fully develops knowledge of LCRA procedures, equipment, and systems.
- Interprets engineering drawings and manufacturers specifications for field personnel. Coordinates and reviews the work of Engineering Associates to the extent of assuming professional responsibility for the work. Personally affixes seal or communicates necessary changes to the responsible engineer for correction.
- Recommends new and improved practices and procedures related to assigned area.
- Performs economic evaluations of programs and projects and renders judgement on the costs and benefits of the work from a company-wide perspective.
- Upon request, prepares written (expert) testimony in support of LCRA's position in legal or regulatory proceedings.
- Reviews and evaluates bids and provides recommendations.
- In coordination with senior engineering staff, develops design criteria and LCRA design standards.
- In coordination with senior enginerring staff, reviews operational processes and procedures and develops recommendations to optimize.
- Gathers engineering information by traveling independently to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as necessary.
- In accordance with approved Supply Management processes and procedures, serves as owner’s representative for outside engineering contracts.
- May perform confined space entry.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Engineering Associate I
Bachelors degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics, biosystems engineering, mathematical science, physical science or related science.
Engineering Associate II
Bachelors degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics, biosystems engineering, mathematical science, physical science or related science plus one or more years of post-Bachelors engineering experience relating to the area of engineering specialization required to perform the job.
Engineering Associate Sr
Bachelors degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics, biosystems engineering, mathematical science, physical science or related science plus eight or more years of post-Bachelors engineering experience relating to the area of engineering specialization required to perform the job, including providing technical leadership in engineering.
Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas plus eight or more years of post-Bachelors engineering experience relating to the area of engineering specialization required to perform the job, including providing technical leadership in engineering.