Manages and directs overall activities of personnel within a fossil-fuel coal-fired power generation facility. Has responsibility for all plant operations, maintenance, engineering, purchasing, stores, safety, training, environmental compliance and community relations. Provides effective customer service and ensures programs and policies are compliant with ERCOT, NERC and other applicable regulating bodies. Oversees development and effectiveness of short- and long-term strategic plans, annual budgets and management systems.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- For all departments and staff directly reporting to this position, develops strategic and operating plans, goals, objectives, priorities and procedures that are in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the LCRA.
- Develops and manages generation facility budget. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget.
- Manages internal and external resources to provide required services. Establishes and maintains business practices, prepares proposals, establishes commitments, and ensures customer satisfaction. Establishes and maintains working relationships with other facility managers and supporting operations.
- Leads staff to evaluate and propose use of innovative technologies and new practices. Develops technical and leadership skills within the facility.
- Ensures that systems, processes and procedures are compliant with ERCOT, NERC, FERC and other regulating bodies.
- Ensures appropriate records are maintained for personnel, budget requirements, capital equipment, management systems, policies and procedures.
- Works with management across the organization to develop policies and procedures with company-wide impacts. Serves as an active participant on committees as assigned. Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Makes presentations to LCRA management, LCRA Board and LCRA customers as required.
- Represents the LCRA to external stakeholders and organizations such as external professional associations, regulatory bodies, local governments, civic organizations and the general public as required.
- Serves as the designated representative of LCRA's managing partnership with Austin Energy.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.