Preferred candidates will have:
*A Texas law enforcement telecommunicator license.
* Law enforcement dispatching experience.
At an entry level, participates in all assigned training to qualify the incumbent for advancement to the position of Public Safety Dispatcher. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Develops knowledge of Texas Crime Information Center (TCIC) operations and policies. Obtains Texas Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC) Full Access Operator Certification.
- Successfully completes LCRA Telecommunications Field Training program. During field training, observes and assists Public Safety Dispatcher personnel as directed. May only perform duties that are permitted for level of certification and training.
- Develops knowledge of emergency communication procedures, CCTV, alarm monitoring system, access control system and alarm central station receiver.
- Develops knowledge of legal and procedural techniques and regulations regarding transmission and reception of public safety radio traffic.
- Develops skill in reading and interpreting information from security system reports.
- Develops knowledge of civil, criminal and municipal provisions related to the activities of the Public Safety department.
- Develops knowledge of law enforcement, fire and other operating procedures and functions of the Public Safety department as they relate to the dispatch function.
- Develops knowledge of geography of the service territory and the surrounding environment.
- Develops skill in records management software and computer-aided dispatch software.
- Obtains Department of Public Safety Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (TLETS) certification.
- Obtains Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) Basic Telecommunications certification.
- Obtains Texas Private Security Board Level II Security Officer commission.
- Successfully completes FEMA I-100 Introduction to Incident Command System course and passes exam.
- Successfully completes FEMA I-700 National Incident Management System course and passes exam.
- Assists in basic radio and related equipment maintenance.
- May assist with setup of Mobile Command post.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.