Preferred candidates will have the following experience:
At an expert level, performs financial analysis to enable managers to make an assessment of impacts and risks connected to operation and new business opportunities. This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Progression to this level is limited based on business requirements.
- Prepares financial and business related analyses and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, capital spending and debt service projections.
- Uses analytics and business acumen to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems and support strategic decision-making throughout the organization
- Evaluates potential investments, strategic partnerships, and/or mergers and acquisitions activities that help realize organizational strategies
- Perform SWOT analysis in support of LCRA’s departments and in support of strategic & scenario planning activities
- Performs trending analysis including achievement of business plan, LCRA financial and cash flow targets. Identifies risks and opportunities for achieving the business plan, evaluates alternatives and formulates recommendations. Develops full-year forecast each quarter including monitoring achievement of business plan during fiscal year and highlighting favorable/unfavorable trends.
- Coordinates financial and business plan development for assigned areas. Monitors schedules and milestone achievement and compiles plan issues for management review. Critiques the reasonability of the assumptions and budget. Performs financial modeling for cash forecasting and/or debt structuring.
- Creates financial models of various scenarios to help future business planning decisions. Provides consulting support to management including business case development and financial analysis of key projects and initiatives. Conducts analyses of capital investment, cost/benefit, revenue requirement and customer rate structure, competitive cost structure, debt service structure, capital investment and cash flow. Makes long-term growth projections incorporating economic forecasting information.
- Influences and educates management on key decisions, business risks and opportunities. Participates in strategy development by providing business and financial strategic insights and recommendations to management. Operates with a customer focus, linking recommendations to LCRA's financial policies and targets.
- Supports and maintains LCRA’s financial model. Updates the model with new or changed financial strategies. Periodically reviews financial strategies in the model and determines compliance with current financial practices, policies and procedures. Identifies policy changes and/or additions that are needed to support financial strategies. Proposes policy alternatives along with recommended policy for consideration by management.
- Analyzes and disseminates economic forecast information. Prepares trending analysis of economic data purchased from various vendors, develops economic informational reports for distribution internally and assists employees with obtaining additional economic forecast data to support their business needs.
- Participates in cross-training activities, cross-departmental sharing of knowledge and, when appropriate, cross-departmental developmental assignments.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.