Manages and directs overall activities of enterprise-wide strategic contract alignment. Leads the development and fulfillment of contract management policy and process requirements. Evaluates contract management policies and procedures and advises others on contractual rights and obligations. Consults with executive leadership and provides expertise in the development of contracting strategies for the organization.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- For all departments and staff directly reporting to this position, develops strategic and operating plans, goals, objectives, priorities and procedures that are in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the LCRA.
- Responsible for ensuring the review and administration of contracts, grants, inter-local agreements, and other contract-qualifying documents.
- Leads the Contract Management Committee and reports to executive staff.
- Regularly reviews existing contract management processes and policies, receives feedback and recommendations for process improvements from contract administrators, departments, and other stakeholders.
- Recommends process improvements to the Contract Management Committee and provides feedback and comments on processes and policies as requested by the Contract Management Committee, at least annually.
- Communicates with contracting parties on all aspects concerning fulfillment of contract obligations.
- Manages the financial aspects of the department with a focus on fiscal responsibility and cost-consciousness and in accordance with applicable policies.
- Researches, recommends, and ensures use of appropriate contract management processes and technology to improve efficiency and compliance.
- Builds and maintains effective partnerships and networks with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve objectives. Serves as the strategic liaison between Contract Management and other functional areas.
- Uses analytics and business acumen to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems.
- Leads primary intelligence data gathering by framing and engaging in insightful discussions with internal and external leaders and subject matter experts.
- Applies creative problem-solving skills to strategic issues facing LCRA from a contract perspective.
- Establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance. Monitors and analyzes performance metrics, sharing results as appropriate.
- Leads and participates in department strategy development and implementation activities with a focus on best practices and innovation. Aligns and calibrates the organization’s contracting strategy with its business strategy.
- Assists Departments with the development and improvement of contract management procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Contract Management Policy.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.