At a senior level, has overall responsibility for reliability of equipment in an assigned area of the plant along with a shared responsibility for the safety and productivity of maintenance personnel working in the assigned area. In order to meet these responsibilities, develops detailed preventative and corrective maintenance strategies, work plans and work packages such that the effectiveness of all maintenance resources, including budget and personnel, is maximized. Ensures that all maintenance activities are planned with enough detail in order to be performed in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner while complying with all OEM manuals, best practices, industry standards, applicable codes, policies and procedures. This will also be accomplished by maintaining an accurate backlog of work. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
- Develops detailed work packages, including cost, for all tasks performed in an assigned area. Work packages shall be comprehensive and include steps, safety precautions, OEM information, parts, tools, equipment, and any other resources needed to perform task effectively. Jobs shall be planned with enough detail that any qualified craft person can safely and effectively perform the work with little assistance.
- Reviews, develops, and implements preventative maintenance work orders for all existing and new critical equipment in an assigned area utilizing OEM information, equipment history, and predictive maintenance technology.
- Reviews, develops and implements spare parts strategy for all new and existing critical equipment in an assigned area, keeping in mind both cost and reliability constraints.
- Develops, tracks, and maintains accurate backlog information, including man-hour requirements by craft and cost for all work in an assigned area.
- Develops and maintains standard job plans for tasks/jobs performed in assigned area.
- Maintains an accurate history of repairs for all equipment in assigned area.
- Plans the completion of complex and detailed repairs, installation and maintenance of equipment in assigned area
- Works with the plants to develop and track budget related information for assigned areas.
- Develops and tracks appropriate metrics to track the effectiveness of work processes.
- Utilizes the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to effectively manage planning and equipment history processes.
- Analyzes unplanned failures and develop and implement mitigation steps for all critical equipment in an assigned area.
- Analyzes operation data and trend performance and condition of all critical equipment in an assigned area.
- Provides input on budget to plant management for all activities in an assigned area.
- Partners with plant management, engineering, asset management, maintenance and construction, supply chain, and SME’s in support of organizational goals.
- A Power Plant Planner may perform duties of and/or cross train as a Power Plant Scheduler or Supv, Multi-craft Operations/Maintenance as necessary.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.