The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Experience supporting debt management, compliance and reporting functions.
- Experience building and updating complex financial models and forecasts in Excel.
- Skilled in synthesizing complex outputs into PowerPoint presentations.
- Experienced doing financial analysis using financial statements to support decisions around capital structure, rating agency credit metrics, and cashflow impacts.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and finance/investment principles
- Experience working with bank loan agreements, bond offering documents and/or other financial legal documents.
- Detail oriented with effective time management and organizational skills, including managing multiple projects and prioritizing deliverables
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - ability to work productively with groups and individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- High degree of professionalism and focus on teamwork essential at all times
At a senior level, performs analyses and makes recommendations on a variety of treasury activities including investment activity, cash funds, banking relationships, debt and capital management. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members.
- Assists manager in developing treasury management strategies and process improvements.
- Performs daily management of cash, investment and/or debt portfolio.
- Performs credit analysis of vendors and counterparties.
- May perform financial modeling for cash forecasting and/or debt structuring.
- Makes recommendations regarding cash management and the development of funding and investment strategies for corporate assets.
- Operates and performs necessary maintenance of treasury and bank software.
- Consults with other departments on financial issues relating to treasury activities. Works with other departments as needed to recommend changes or updates to treasury management policies and procedures.
- Maintains and may develop vendor relationships.
- Prepares materials for external analysts, such as credit banks, underwriters and rating agencies.
- Acts as subject matter expert for an area in corporate treasury such as cash management, investing or debt administration.
- Acts as back up for other analysts in corporate treasury as required.
- Delegates administrative aspects of routine work and special projects to support staff.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and direction and acts as a mentor to less-experienced staff.
- Acts as the back-up for the manager as directed including signature authority for transactions and reviewing staff work products.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.