PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
Strong Microsoft Project experience
PMIS (Project Management Information Server)
At a senior level, performs project support services for one or more project managers and for the overall project services function. Understands and uses established procedures and practices to provide project support skills primarily in the areas of financial analysis and variance reporting, program utilization, closeout, account management, schedule development and management, customer contracts, documentation, financial reporting and analysis, budget and cost management, and system support. Performs a wide range of day-to-day project activities using established procedures and practices. This position is fully proficient in all areas of project support and controls techniques and systems. Takes a new perspective to solve complex scheduling and cost tracking problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance with appreciable latitude for independent action and decision making. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May take on assignments broad in nature and requiring leadership and independent judgement, such as general additions projects, cross functional teams, or small projects.
- Provides support to project managers for project control functions such as developing project plans, monitoring and communicating project costs and accounting, preparing progress reports, coordinating contract documents and payments, and setting up and maintaining project documents. Works with the project manager to track progress, maintain and update project schedules.
- Provides support throughout the project lifecycle including initiation, planning, execution, control and closeout.
- Identifies, researches and documents variances or discrepancies and monitors and communicates project status and information to project managers and work package managers.
- Resolves scheduling issues, resource conflicts and costs and accounting structures and escalates problems to the Project Manager as needed.
- Sets up and maintains files in accordance with recordkeeping and records retention and documentation guidelines
- Manages the closing of project accounting structure and records retention once projects are complete.
- Maintains knowledge of standard LCRA project management tools and software, including but not limited to the development and on-going maintenance of project schedules including cost loading and managing project schedules to the program dates. Trains others on the use of these systems.
- Supports the team to ensure adequate quality control measures are in place to support project goals.
- Reviews and analyzes the business case with the project manager and team members. Works with the project stakeholders to capture and document the business requirements and desired end-state for the project.
- Communicates with project managers and stakeholders, to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Promotes collaboration, effective decision-making and the development of solutions and captures and shares lessons learned.
- Researches and recommends new project controls methodologies to improve project management processes and utilizes knowledge of best practices and experience to solve problems
- Ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with all applicable LCRA policies and procedures.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of LCRA project control procedures and initiates process development. Advises project managers and management personnel on the interpretation of project control policies, programs and procedures.
- Actively supports departmental continuous improvement and may be called upon to help develop new project delivery practices that improve overall productivity of staff and project managers or that address management problems.
- Provides a high level of customer service and promotes team building. Builds strong relationships with peers, stakeholders and management.
- Represents Project Services positively and with professionalism.
- Travels independently or with a small team to project sites as needed.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.