At an entry level, performs general day-to-day maintenance, custodial, grounds keeping, minor construction and customer service duties within a park setting, ensuring a safe, clean, hospitable, secure and efficient operation. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Performs grounds keeping, planting, watering, mowing, weedeating, vegetation control, picking up litter and emptying recycling/trash receptacle duties. Maintains irrigation system.
- Cleans facilities (restrooms, offices, classrooms, cabins, fish cleaning stations, fee booths, pavilions, porches, decks, dining halls, kitchens, picnic tables, fire rings and grills and, as needed, dormitories) according to established standards.
- Performs routine maintenance including painting, changing AC filters and light bulbs, minor carpentry and plumbing (e.g. leaks, sinks, toilet problems) repairs. Constructs and installs signage. Installs and repairs park benches.
- Performs customer service activities to include fee collection, permit sales and camping reservations, providing information, responding to visitor suggestions and complaints, explaining and enforcing park rules and policies and preparing associated paperwork.
- Assists with event logistics including set up and take down of events, shuttling visitors, delivering supplies, transport of equipment (e. g. rafts) and providing parking instructions.
- Performs trail maintenance. Duties include grading trail treads, trimming limbs, removal of damaged/dead trees, weedeating tread, construction of water bars and erosion devices and repairing trail system after heavy rains/flooding.
- Opens and closes buildings and activates security system.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations as scheduled.
- Maintains and repairs park equipment and tools, performs daily inspections of vehicles and maintains records.
- May assist with supervision of temporary workers and volunteers, perform honor box collections and operate aquatic harvester.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.