Preferred candidates will have the following experience:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Knowledge of electric generation and ERCOT market
Supervises, coordinates and directs activities of various accounting functions. This position focuses on one of the following accounting functions: FASB/GASB compliance and reporting of fuel, inventory and cost allocations, billing and accounts receivable, asset allocation management or performs a combination of those functions.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, promotes, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- For all work groups and staff directly reporting to this position, develops strategic and operating plans, goals, objectives, priorities and procedures that are in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the LCRA. Makes recommendations and proposals to management as required.
- Researches, interprets and ensures compliance with various regulatory and policy requirements and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Understands the impacts for accounting treatment.
- Ensures proper application of accounting principles for all transactions within the accounting functions for which the supervisor and staff develop and prepare metrics, accounting reports, and financial statements.
- Provides internal technical expertise and review of accounting transactions, reports and financial statements and ensures the execution of appropriate procedures for any changes in policy.
- Performs final review of products (financial/management reports and/or schedules, policies, etc.) prior to distribution or forwarding to Controller or designee for signature.
- Leads staff in performing complex and advanced financial accounting, analysis and reporting activities.
- Leads staff in developing and preparing accounting reports and financial statements.
- Leads staff in developing test plans and test scripts for system changes and identifies system and system-related business process issues to ensure resolution.
- Serves as department liaison with internal and external auditors. Monitors internal accounting controls and company policies.
- For incumbents with fuel and cost allocation responsibilities:
- Manages fuel and power cost recovery factor (F&PCRF), fuel revenues and expenses, and price adjustments.
- Understands product structure, provides analysis and evaluation for purchase power requirements and procurement strategy, and technical support for wholesale power contract amendments.
- Ensures LCRA is accounting for all fuel activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Analyzes the impact of new standards that are introduced regarding fuel and accounting. Determines appropriate accounting treatment for existing and new contracts and new structures regarding fuel accounting.
- Works with the Financial Planning and Analysis group to ensure accounting inputs into cash models are working as expected. Ensures forecasting cash balances related to fuel are accurate. Provides assistance in the development of reports and metrics for wholesale power to monitor and improve financial performance.
- Provides leadership and expertise to set reporting strategy for wholesale power segment of business. Manages financial performance including, but not limited to, one or more of the following: revenue, expenses, capital expenditures, investments, and operating budgets.
- Performs liaison support on various teams to support LCRA objectives.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.