Preferred Candidate will have AutoCAD experience.
At a senior level, performs technical design related to engineering of facilities and systems. May analyze, diagnose and recommend solutions to enhance equipment performance and reliability. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, construction drawings and other technical information.
- Develops complex technical design concepts related to engineering by working from notes, sketches, oral instructions and discussions with design originators. Performs technical design tasks involving alterations to or variations in engineering designs. Interprets engineering designs for compliance with and conformance to established specifications, requirements and standards. Coordinates system design details with departments throughout the LCRA. Meets with customers, contractors, vendors, architects and government representatives to discuss and reach agreement on design details.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates and determines the technical and economic feasibility of additions and modifications to facilities and systems. Maintains system integrity and ensures the most cost-effective design is obtained.
- Prepares graphs and other design aids for engineering applications.
- Provides support for project, budgeting and supply management activities. Performs cost estimation and bid recommendations and writes project descriptions. Analyzes costs and construction contingencies. Interprets rule applications governing costs and cost responsibility. Researches cost variances and works with appropriate staff to resolve cost variance issues.
- Performs engineering analysis and calculations to determine and ensure that job requirements are accurate and conform to standards, safety orders and government and environmental regulations. Reports results to engineer.
- Provides quality assurance and quality control role related to engineering documents and processes. Monitors, reviews, and ensures that designs prepared by others conform to standards and government regulations. Initiates actions needed to resolve discrepancies and correct errors.
- Interprets regulatory codes and industry standards. Leads and serves as a key contributor in developing and maintaining drawing standards and processes.
- Prepares complex reports related to projects, work plans, equipment, assets and budgets.
- Performs field investigations, which may involve various physical activities, to identify sues and resolve design and/or aesthetic conflicts. Monitors and reviews as-built drawings based on field edits. Ensures that field changes are in compliance with and conformance to established specifications, requirements and standards.
- Provides leadership and direction to less experienced technical support staff. Serves as internal and external point of contact for engineering-related information. Assists others with resolving discrepancies related to engineering documents, materials, specifications and equipment.
- As necessary, uses computer-aided design software and equipment to prepare detailed, complex engineering diagrams, schematics, working drawings and layout drawings from concept or provided materials.
- Gathers engineering information by traveling independently to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as necessary.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.