At an intermediate level, exercises strategic oversight of the procurement process to identify, define and deploy a sourcing strategy for assigned categories of spend. Builds, maintains and leverages supplier relationships and capacities to create a competitive purchasing advantage for LCRA. Applies market analysis and industry intelligence to conceptualize and implement category strategies that optimize value and quality for LCRA customers. Drafts, negotiates and administers purchase contracts that capture cost savings, mitigate risk and satisfy compliance with LCRA policies and applicable statutes. Builds and maintains key stakeholder relationships to ensure category strategy alignment with overall procurement and business objectives. Has fiduciary responsibility for the assigned categories. This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills. Receives moderate level of guidance and direction from supervisor, manager, and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Identifies and executes sourcing strategies across assigned categories of spend for materials, services or construction that drive value and quality for the overall LCRA Supply Chain. Leads an objective and transparent RFx process for moderately complex sourcing opportunities. Conducts and documents all activities and contracts in accordance with Supply Management policies and procedures.
- Initiates and leverages supplier relationships of moderate complexity to achieve optimal value, ensure delivery of contractual obligations and fulfill the strategic objectives of LCRA. Drives supplier performance and improvement through the application of contract administration tools, supplier review meetings, metrics reporting and supplier improvement programs. Enlists the involvement and support of key stakeholders to maximize the success of supplier management and development processes, tools and programs.
- Identifies and cultivates strategic partnerships with key stakeholders. Effectively articulates the mission, value and processes of Supply Management and the strategic sourcing process. Asks valuable questions to assimilate stakeholder requirements and differentiate wants versus needs. Maintains continual dialogue with stakeholders to sufficiently anticipate needs.
- Drafts, negotiates and administers moderate complexity purchase contracts, Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Statements of Work (SOW). Applies appropriate RFx, contract templates and risk mitigation analysis to ensure contracts integrate stakeholders’ requirements and protect LCRA. Employs advanced negotiation tactics. Ensures contract compliance with internal administration and Supply Management policies. Develops and maintains documents for board reviews.
- Performs continual market analysis and industry intelligence research. Interprets patterns and trends from internal and external data and presents summary reports to enable effective decision making that results in buying value, saving money and mitigating risk. Conducts benchmarking inquiries and remains abreast of market developments. Applies technical expertise of spend category, supply base and economic conditions.
- Collaborates and interfaces with various business units and cross-functional teams to optimize and facilitate the strategic sourcing process and advance organizational objectives.
- Participates in effective change management regarding Supply Management processes. Maintains awareness of new Supply Management processes and procedures and aids implementation across the organization as well as with key stakeholders.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.