At an intermediate level, provides support activities to evaluate and monitor the Energy Risk Management (ERM) program's compliance with approved strategies and established controls. Helps ensure that credit, contract, price, billing and operational risks have been adequately addressed. This position uses knowledge and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services and solve problems, but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills. Utilizes discretion and independent judgment to determine an appropriate approach within general parameters and some guidance from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues. Areas of focus shall include:
- Provides support in review and analysis of new or existing ERM products with regard to risk exposure.
- Provides support in risk perspective analysis of ERM issues such as coal mine/rail contracts, pipeline/storage concerns, nodal market impacts on operations, resource planning strategies and similar issues.
- Provides analysis to ensure compliance with approved risk management policy guidelines and procedures.
- On a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis supports and/or provides analysis and reports on ERM program performance, including via portfolio position reports, fuel over/under reports, and mark-to-market and valuation reports.
- Helps provide technical review and analysis as required, to assist in oversight of the ERM program.
- Helps facilitate, coordinate and quality check the production and revisions to ERM program – program level oversight and controls documents and desk level procedures
- Participates in facilitating and coordinating the negotiation of fuel and energy counterparty enabling contracts.
- Assists in providing analysis of credit risk exposure with current and potential counter parties.
- Provides analysis to support ERM counterparty approval, credit limit setting, monitoring, violations and expected loss calculations.
- Assist in providing analysis of mark to market position on physical and financial term transactions, counterparty credit value at risk and potential credit exposure with counterparties based on prices and volatilities.
- Stays up to date on pertinent ERCOT and PUC market change proposals and Dodd-Frank regulations and associated ERM program recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Helps monitor the ERM program for activities that are not in compliance with ERM oversight and controls document or are inconsistent with the approved strategies.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.