LCRA is several years into a significant expansion of our enterprise physical security systems, including a complete refresh of existing equipment and the installation of new systems at dozens of sites across the state each year. This position will lead a team responsible for the ongoing design, installation, and maintenance of access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection systems. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of physical security technology and associated network equipment, experience with multi-million dollar security projects, the ability to lead and motivate a team of seasoned security professionals, strong communication skills and the ability to effectively prioritize workload.
Manages and directs the activities of staff responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and oversight of physical security systems. Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high quality services. Provides business and operational oversight for all LCRA security systems. Coordinates LCRA’s physical security program by performing assessments, providing recommendations to mitigate security risks, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing changes to security systems utilizing in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Reviews and responds to change requests for security systems and works with other work groups to implement approved changes.
- Manages statement of work development for vendors. Evaluates security vendor proposals and awards work to vendors based on the vendor responses and LCRA requirements.
- Provides budget recommendations and justifications to other work groups for future security system needs.
- Manages the staff responsible for daily operations and maintenance of physical security systems to ensure maximum possible availability, including maintaining 24/7 support for emergencies.
- Manages physical security system design and coordinates work with facility managers, Project Management, Engineering, Digital Services, and Cybersecurity staff as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of current security trends and threats that could impact LCRA critical infrastructure.
- Assists in the development of security plans to ensure the protection of LCRA employees and facilities.
- Recommends and coordinates the implementation of improvements to physical security systems, programs and procedures.
- Performs physical security audits to ensure the application of sound security practices.
- Works with staff throughout the organization to ensure compliance with ERCOT, NERC, CJIS, and other physical security standards and regulations.
- Ensures the preparation of physical security documentation and review for NERC locations.
- Participates in the preparation of objective evidence for audits and provides responses and testimony during audits.
- Develops and manages physical security design and equipment standards. Ensures system additions and changes are properly documented and are completed in accordance with standards.
- Tracks projects and service tickets to ensure proper allocation of resources and provides timely resolution of outages.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small team to various locations throughout the LCRA service area.
- Participates in cross-training activities, cross-departmental sharing of knowledge and, when appropriate, cross-departmental developmental assignments. Shares knowledge with others, developing a pipeline of possible successors. Learns from others in different roles and different departments to expand knowledge.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.